The EM Radiation Research Trust is attracting interest from every corner of society - Members of Parliament, prominent journalists and editors, scientists, academics, doctors; as well as members of the public.
Our Board of Trustees
- Eileen O'Connor, director of a family company, has become a dedicated campaigner against the uncontrolled installation of phone masts and electromagnetic radiation. She contracted cancer while living within 100m of a phone mast in Wishaw, Sutton Coldfield.
- Graham Philips, Technical Manager of Powerwatch UK.
- Mike Bell, Devon based Scots lawyer and environmentalist chairs the trust and offers his extensive lobbying and public relations experience.
- Brian Stein, Chief Executive Samworth Brothers Ltd, he suffers from electro-hypersensitivity.
- Dr Ian Gibson. He has a doctorate in biochemistry and was a successful researcher and academic before he became a Member of Parliament, where he was involved with many of Parliament's science committees and has a particular interest in combating cancer.
- Andrew Mitchell is the Conservative MP for Sutton Coldfield. He held office as a Government Whip, Minister for Social Security and as a Vice-Chairman of the Conservative Party from 1992 to 1993. Currently, he is the Shadow Overseas Spokesman.
- Willie Rennie, Liberal Democrat MP.
- Joe Benton MP, Labour MP since 1997, and at the last general election had the largest majority of any MP in the House of Commons.
- Dr Caroline Lucas. Elected in 1999, Caroline Lucas is the Green Party MEP representing the South-East of England. She sits on the European Parliament Trade and Environment Committees as well as being Vice President of the Parliament's Animal Welfare Intergroup.
- Liz Lynne, the Liberal Democrat MEP for the West Midlands Region, responsible for representing the people of the Black Country, Birmingham, Coventry, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
- Jill Evans, Plaid Cymru Member of the European Parliament for Wales.
- Dr Grahame Blackwell, Chartered IT Professional and strong advocate of an open-minded scientific approach.
Scientific, Public Health and Technical Advisors
The Radiation Research Trust (RRT) are leading supporters of the precautionary approach to Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) and as such advocate release of substantial research funds from Government and Industry.
We are indebted to Independent Scientific, Public Health and Technical Advisors who have agreed to give advice to the RRT acting in good faith and without prejudice giving their time freely. The charity has benefited from the advice of:
- Alvaro Augusto Almeida de Salles (Brazil) | BSc MSc PhD
Electrical Engineering Department, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
- Alfonso Balmori (Spain) | PhD
- Dr Grahame Blackwell (UK) | PhD
- Roger Coghill (UK) | MA(Cantab,) C Biol MI Biol MA(Environ Mgt)
Sometime Senior Visitor, Emmanuel College, Cambridge
- Dr Ian Dring(UK) | BSc
- Joe Foster (UK) | 27 year member with the International
Association of Fire Fighter's, Local #18
report on base stations
- Dr Andrew Goldsworthy (UK) | BSc PhD
Honorary Lecturer in Biology at Imperial College, London
- Professor Oleg Grigoryev (Russia)
Head of Laboratory "Radiobiology and Hygiene for Non-Ionizing Radiation",
Federal Medical Biophysical Centre of Federal Medical-Biological Agency of Russia
- Professor Yury Grigoryev (Russia)
Chairman of Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection
- Örjan Hallberg (Sweden)
- Professor Magda Havas (Canada) | BSc PhD
Associate Professor of Environmental & Resource Studies at Trent University
- Mae-Wan Ho (UK) | BSc PhD FRSA
- Lloyd Morgan (USA)
Director of the Central Brain Tumour
Registry of the United States
- Professor Mike J O'Carroll (UK) | MA MSc PhD CMath CSci FIMA
Professor Emeritus and formerly Pro Vice-Chancellor, University of Sunderland
- Professor Olle Johansson (Sweden)
Associate Professor of The Experimental Dermatology Unit, Karolinska Institute Stockholm
- Professor Henry Lai (USA)
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington
- Dr. Lukas H. Margaritis (Greece) | PhD PrivDoz
Professor of Cell Biology and Radiobiology, Athens University
- Dr Gerd Oberfeld (Austria) | MD
Salzburg public health advisor
- Alasdair Philips (UK) | BSc DAgE MIAgE
Director of Powerwatch
- Prof. Dr. Nesrin Seyhan
Director, Gazi Non-ionizing
Radiation Protection Center - GNRP
- Zamir P. Shalita (Israel) | PhD
Consultant on Electromagnetic & Chemical Hazards
- Barrie Trower (UK) | BEd
- Dr John Walker (UK) | PhD CPhys MInstP
- Stelios A Zinelis (Greece) | MD BA
We receive no government funding so we rely solely on voluntary donations to fund our vital work. Whatever you feel able to give really will make a difference.
Now that the legal deed adding the letters "EM" to the Trust's name has been officially signed and sealed we welcome the formal recognition of our charitable status from the Charities Commission. This means that all future contributions made under covenant or gift aid will be augmented by the basic tax rate.